Saturday, June 9, 2012

One week!

I can't believe it's only a week until I embark on my journey to Denmark! I started off my day eating Thai food while watching the Denmark vs. Holland match of the Eurocup! If you're not into soccer- Denmark won (1-0). It was a huge upset (Holland came in second at the World Cup while Denmark, well, hasn't been considered good in like twenty years). After the game, this sports announcer said something like: "losing to a winning team is one thing, but losing to Denmark is a sign of failure." Harsh words. But oh well, they still won and it was still very exciting! I believe they have a game a week from Sunday, which is my first day in Denmark! I want to go see if I can go watch it with some Danes that day, because I bet it's a ton more fun to watch with people who are really really into the whole thing.
Today I also decided to listen to the current top music in Denmark, just to get a taste of the popular culture. Aaron found the top ten best selling singles in Denmark and then played some of them for me. Curious as to what we found? Check out the video on this post. The band is called Shaka Loveless (hahaha I'm sorry, that name), and as you can hear, it is Danish reggae. Something I never thought would exist. But apparently it does, and is very popular (it's number 2 on the Denmark singles chart). It's not actually bad, either. I would just be really embarrassed if someone not-Danish asked me what I was listening to and I had to answer with "oh this band called Shaka Loveless. You've probably never heard of them before."


Anyways, that's it for today! I hope everyone reading has had a day as relaxing as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment